Monday, August 13, 2007

It's all about the boats and the Atlantic ocean.

As my little Andrea reminded me recently, I've sort of abandoned my blog. I made it home safely to Canada and maybe I've been feeling like it's no longer necessary to update everyone on the state of my life. I've been in Nova Scotia visiting my family for the past week and a half. I guess I figured I should visit since it's been three years since the last time I was here. And I am unemployed so I can afford the time off.

Here's some pictures of what I've been doing here:

The view, from my mother's backyard on a clear night. The sky is incredible when it's not foggy, which is somewhat rare.



The Bluenose II, the one that replaced the original boat that is on the back of the Canadian dime in 1964 came to dock at one of the wharfs in the village for a few days. One of my cousin's knows the guy in the pictures so I went down to have a look at the boat. Sailing, like journalism, is a job that allows you to travel the world, if that's what you want to do. This guy goes to the Caribbean to work during the winter. I think I would be a professional sailor if I didn't get seasick.







I like reading the names of all the boats.
This name is good.


Turkey?

I spent last weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. We went speed boating all day yesterday with his family.
This is my sister.



Here's her boyfriend, and his mom driving the boat.



It's all about the boats and the Atlantic ocean.

1 comment:

Andrea Joycey Joyce said...

whoa! i saw that picture of your sister and totally thought it was you!!! i was like "NICOLE! did you get freaking extensions?!?!"