I have decided I don't know enough about the world.
I was in class this week and we were interviewing someone who was talking about Azerbaijan. I didn't even know it existed let alone the conflict going on there.
So to educate myself I am going to go through the whole CIA factbook, one letter per day. In 26 days I will at least know the basics about every single country in the world.Today I was reading the Bs. I learned all about Bahrain, Benin and Belize.
If I want to cover foreign news, I think it's important to at least have a vague idea of where countries are situated and the potential conflicts within.
Did you know that Taiwan is not actually considered a country?
And that The Vatican City is?
And that Aruba is just part of the Netherlands?
And Puerto Rico is part of America?
Fascinating, isn't it.
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG! i totally love the CIA factbook! that's how i learned all about your little commie cold war country you may be doing your internship in....
Post a Comment