I went to the public library today and decided to get some CDs since I lost all of my music when my computer crashed. I thought I would check out some Danish bands and I went with my two Norwegian friends so I thought just maybe they would have some Norwegian music too. Damn was I ever surprised by not only the amount of music they had but the selection. Everything from Peaches to My Morning Jacket to Candi Staton to Stereototal to Boards of Canada. And of course, my favorite, Air Supply. In addition to the Norwegian and Danish bands. Do we have a such a great cross-section of music at our libraries? How do they decide what bands to carry? Anyways, I took out a lot of CDs. And it feels like Christmas!
It also feels like Christmas because after this week of school, I have 9 days off from school and I'm going to Berlin and Copenhagen for a few days too. Yippee!
And school is fun right now. We have three weeks of classes with the International Photojournalists. We are working together to produce Soundslides in the context of learning about Stereotypes. Soundslides is a way of telling stories that is getting quite popular on the internet now where you have a series of still photos moving with audio telling the story. So we do the audio and they take the pictures. I love it. The first major project we are working on is an interview out of our comfort zone. And the second one is a feature on a minority in Denmark. It feels really good to collaborate in this way with another medium of storytelling.
Good times.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment