So my first week of serious school work is now over. It's so much work! I have class at 9am every morning until about 4 or 5. How the program is set up is that we have five different classes but they are organized into workshops. So I have one class every day for a month or so then we switch to the next one. Which means it's pretty intense. We produced 2 videos this week and wrote tons of articles. I am now an expert on the two Palestinian factions Fatah and Hamas if anyone has any questions about what's going on in Gaza right now.Next week we are going to Copenhagen for 3 days. It's about 3 hours away by bus and ferry. We're going to be visiting one of the newspapers there and also spending a lot of time at the International Press Center. In groups of four we have to come up with some story ideas and take enough video footage to produce two 120 second long videos. Then we have to come up with two individual story ideas for articles and interview sources and write them. So I need to do some serious research today. Hopefully I'll have time to have a bit of fun. A few of the Danes my class are from there so they are going to take us out to their favorite places.
In addition to my class which has 19 people in it, there are two other International classes; TV and photojournalism. Everyone is lots of fun and friendly. We are about 35 total and we've been going out in huge groups and taking over bars. Fun! I can't believe how much the Danes like to drink..
Look what I made the other day!

Everyone can cook here. And they all do. It's so expensive to go out to eat here, there's not really the cheap take-out culture we have back home. It's often cheaper and just as healthy to eat out in Toronto. But here if people go out to eat, it's to have a nice, expensive dinner. So I've been cooking. And I figure if I want to find a wife eventually who will let me stay at home and do housewifey things, I will have to cook. We also have a weekly family dinner in my Blok where one or two people take turns cooking for everyone else and we sit down together for a nice dinner. So me and the other International student, a girl from Belgium, figure we will have to do it one of these days. We are going to do it together.
I went to the one and only gay bar in Aarhus last night. I've decided that typical gay bars are universal, you can find the same things in every city in the world. The only difference I saw was that there was a dance floor that lit up. It reminded me of something out of Studio 54. And it was also expensive to get in, $10. And drinks were about the same price.
No comments:
Post a Comment