Today I went to the area the Danish media and the locals like to call the Ghetto. It's the area where almost all the immigrants in the city live. It's mostly made up of people from Turkey, the Arab states, Iran and Somalia. The local Danes seem to think it's not the safest area to hang out in. There's lots of big, ugly, similar looking apartment buildings that look much like social housing. There's a big market there called the Bazar. It's in a converted boiler-making factory. It's one of the only things open on Sundays in this city. I guess because when you're an immigrant here, as in everywhere, you are stuck with the shit jobs, working the shit hours that the locals don't want to do.
I found the cheapest fruits and vegetables I have seen so far in the city.
I thought this man was cute.
These are some kids from my class.
My reflection looks funny in the warped mirror behind.
And again right between those two guys! Ha. I only noticed after.
No comments:
Post a Comment