Saturday, January 20, 2007

I almost died today.

I almost died today. I really did. I was stuck outside in the worst wind and hail storm i've ever been in. It was so bad I was screaming at one point. And thinking I should flag down a car for help. I couldn't even see because the bits of hail were hitting my face so hard.
I was on an adventure to try to get to Ikea before closing-time, 5pm on Saturday. I spent all of last night FREEZING without a duvet. All I had was my stolen Air Transat blanket. I was determined not to spend another night like that. Plus everything is closed on Sundays here so it would have actually been 2 nights.
So I didn't actually make it to Ikea, I found something like it and managed to get the duvet and even a pillow. And took my first Danish cab. Yeah!
Apparently it's always windy here and usually snowing at this time of year.
Don't you wish you were in Denmark with me? At least we could snuggle up in my duvet now..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish i was there with you!

i'd protect you from the ice falling from the sky.