Thursday, January 25, 2007

I love Socialism.

Today I found out that not only is a university education free in Denmark, but you also get paid to do it. They will pay you the equivalent of $800 a month for your Bachelor and Masters. If you want to do a PHD, the amount is doubled. The Danes pay an average of 50 per cent of their wages in taxes every year. I feel like we pay a similar amount but I'm not sure exactly how much and I'm afraid to find out because I feel like it will make me seriously angry and wonder way too much about where all my tax money is going. And right now I just want to enjoy the Danish beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

missing you! I think we pay 27% maybe im sooo wrong though.. here in korea we pay 5% ahahah..it's great!

Anonymous said...

the lowest tax bracket in Canada is 18%. i have always been in this category.